Personal shoppers at Nordstrom follow fashion and always know what’s new. The Nordstrom 6 October drop includes a high-low mix of 6 contemporary winter wardrobe essentials that you need now and will want to wear all winter.
THE 2023 OCTOBER NORDSTROM 6 DROP
PERSONAL SHOPPERS NORDSTROM WINTER WARDROBE CHECKLIST
1. FRAME Gillian Blouse
This is my favorite drop pick this month and one of the blouses I recommend the most.
She’s expensive, but so beautiful and incredibly versatile.
- Covered button placket that doesn’t compete with your outfit.
- Flattering sleeves that cover your upper arms without bulking them up.
- Gathered nape that makes her just as pretty coming as going.
- Versatile length that looks good tucked or untucked
- Quality silk fabrications with a luster that lasts.
- A convertible neckline that can be worn high or low.
What to Wear With Puff Sleeve Tops
Gillian is nice enough to stand alone as the hero piece of your outfit yet versatile enough to layer with lots of different looks. Gillian is one of 8 key pieces in my First Look at Fall capsule wardrobe and a strong contender for my new street-style capsule wardrobe coming out in October.
With a Vest
2. All Saints Bag
My favorite forever leather jackets are from All Saints. These new leather bags for under $279 are so stylish and such a good value for a quality leather bag. Their minimalistic lines lend themselves to a much more expensive look.
The Frankie is a 3-in-one bag. This light cognac color called bronze green goes with everything from black to navy to rich earth tones, but at this price, you may want more than one color.
Francine is a little fancier but equally as versatile. She is big enough to fit all of your essentials and has an adjustable cross-body strap that is detachable too.
If you like the lines of the Francine but want more room look at the Celeste leather crossbody which is 10″H x 5 1/2″W x 4 1/4″D
3. Treasure & Bond Vegan Leather Jacket
At only $149 this Nordstrom brand exclusive is a steal. A leather or vegan leather jacket is a seasonal layering staple. This one is a fun twist on the traditional moto or blazer styles most of us have.
It’s an especially good option if you like the look of leather but want something less bulky and less expensive.
This belted style works well to show off and small wait instead of burry it. It also works well if you are tall on top or busty and need a little longer jacket.
4. Paige Claudine
This isn’t the first time we’ve included this style in one of our drops. Probably because these bootcut jeans look good on everyone.
Jen’s Fit Tips
- Do you have long legs, but love the look of a cropped bootcut? Try Claudine. Claudine comes with a 28″ inseam which is slightly longer than the average crop which keeps her closer to your ankle and looking a lot less like a pair of floods.
- . If you’re petite or have a short inseam you may struggle with losing the flare leg shape when you hem your jeans. Claudine may fit you right off the rack, no hemming necessary!
- If you’re average height and have an ankle length inseam (close to 27″ like me) keep Claudine cropped at your ankle for the most flattering fit. Don’t be afraid to cut an inch or two off yourself.
Designer Inspired Moe
6. Nordstrom Cashmere Sweater
These cashmere sweaters are so soft you can wear them without anything under them. If you’re always cold or like to layer size up. If you want to wear one under a blazer or leather jacket, like the one in this drop, size down. I normally wear an XS but buy these in XXS to wear as a top.