Why buy just one fabulous outfit when you can get eleven for the same price? These 5 closet essentials mix and match to make 11 fashionable fall outfits. It’s easy to build outfits when all your pieces play well together. Versatile items that can be styled in lots of different ways make them easy to mix and match. These are the kinds of closet essentials I cherry-pick for my short capsule wardrobe checklists. These 5 are all included in my new Carry On Capsule Wardrobe which makes 49 outfits that fit into one carry-on.
5 ESSENTIALS THAT ARE EASY TO MIX AND MATCH
1. Long V-Neck Cardigan
A cardigan like this is also part of my New Wardrobe Checklist. If you choose a flexible knit you can style it in so many different ways. The best choice is probably cashmere. It breathes so you can wear it any time of year and a quality brand like Vince is pliable yet retains its shape. A printed cardigan is fun too, and can be the foundation for your capsule’s color story.
Vince Cashmere Favorites
Pliable Printed Cardigans
2. A Convertible Skirt
The goal here is to find something stretchy. A style that is long enough to pull up over your bust to transform into a dress will maximize your outfit potential while minimizing your space. This one I found from Good American is super fitted but has lots of rushing to help hold you in and keep the eyes from resting on any lumps and bumps.
3. Leather Sandals With a Heel
Any outfit looks better with heels. Having a go-to pair that suits your style and that you can wear all year is essential to every woman’s wardrobe. After wearing several pairs of the look for less in these Bottega sandals out, I knew the real deal was worth it the investment. I sized down, but I’m surprised at how comfortable they are for long periods of time.
4. Wallet on a Chain
A WOC or wallet on a chain is such a smart bag to have in your wardrobe. It’s probably the best bag to bring when you travel. It tucks into your tote, can be worn cross-body, and held as a clutch.
See By Chloe
5. Long Skinny Scarf
This is one accessory that will tie all of your outfits together. I’m a big fan of Burberry. Their 3″ scarves are a little bit longer than the traditional twilly which gives you more ways to wear one. These 71″ scarves are the best designer brand accessory purchase I’ve made for under $250. However, there are still plenty of ways you can wear a little one.
6 Styling Suggestions From CC on IG
Amazon Under $10
11 OUTFIT IDEAS
- Skirt, traditional buttoned cardigan, scarf tied in a bow at the neck, crossbody bag
- Skirt, cardigan buttoned and backward, scarf as a belt, crossbody bag
- Skirt, cardigan backward and over the head then buttoned, scarf on the clutch
- Skirt, cardigan unbuttoned backward with one button in front, scarf as a headband, clutch
- Skirt pulled up as a dress, cardigan open, scarf on the clutch
- Skirt pulled up as a dress, cardigan backward and over the head, scarf on the clutch
- Skirt pulled up as a dress, cardigan unbuttoned backward with one button in front, long scarf, crossbody bag
- Skirt pulled up as a dress, cardigan unbuttoned crossed in front and buttoned in back, scarf in hair
- Skirt pulled up as a dress, cardigan around the waist, scarf around the wrist, crossbody bag
- Skirt pulled up as a dress, cardigan over one shoulder and under the other, scarf around wrist, clutch
- Skirt pulled up as a dress, cardigan loose over shoulders, scarf as a belt, clutch